The Business Development Manager is accountable for achieving territory growth targets by selling into new and existing accounts to expand products and services within the assigned region. To achieve targets, the Business Development Manager will command a deep understanding of customer’s organization, challenges, market opportunities and will partner effectively to deploy internal resources to support the sales motion and client relationships. The Business Development Manager will use expertise, tenacity, and relationships to develop a sufficient pipeline and close ratios to meet/exceed targets.
- Identify, develop, or evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
- Formulate, direct, or coordinate marketing activities or policies to promote products or services, working with advertising or promotion managers.
- Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, or return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Compile lists describing product or service offerings.
- Analyze and seek out local growth and client opportunities.
- Knowledge of Industry/Market trends – Key Mandates, Initiatives, and Programs within assigned accounts
- Work with clients and internal partners through issue resolution to drive customer satisfaction
- Represent product portfolio through speaking engagements, industry events and trade shows that are identified as relevant to growing the footprint within assigned territory
- Develop and leverage strong relationships with key decision makers in targeted accounts to achieve business objectives
- Meet new sales and revenue goals within territory
- Manage and grow pipeline through active prospecting and territory planning
- Manage a consultative sales motion from lead through close, with customer relationship management at all levels of the organization
- Load all existing client information in CRM, following CDO guidelines
- Work with CDO and marketing to clearly define pitch documents as well as marketing campaign
- Work with CDO to establish target clients
- Dedicate significant time to learning the O&G industry and the language associated with Drilling, Completions, Production and Geoscience.
- Developing Deep Imaging’s commercial offering to fit with industry needs and expectations
Are you a fit?
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- Oil and Gas Industry experience required
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong track record of sales performance
- Solid understanding of solution selling value proposition
- Functional knowledge of negotiation process
- Demonstrated ability to work in sales team environments
- Legal industry knowledge preferred