We are looking for hardworking, dynamic and innovative Electrical Engineer / Embedded Programmer to join our team as we drive growth in our company. The Electrical Engineer/ Embedded Programmer will work directly with the Engineering Team to help maintain and improve current technology. They play a critical role in developing the next generation of EM equipment, both transmitter and receivers. They are also responsible for maintaining drawings/BOM.
- Develop C, C++ under a Linux operating system environment, using Eclipse or similar tools.
- Build applications and perform tests, patiently, as FPGA features are added. A tolerance for meticulous testing, sometimes bit by bit, FPGA to ARM interfaces, under continuous development.
- Develop C# applications under a Windows environment.
- Develop applications for ARM processors.
- Compile a version Linux to run on an embedded processor.
- Ethernet application development with either TCP, UDP packets.
- Work independently, interactively, and in coordination with an FPGA developer, an Analog designer, and a Hardware designer in a cooperative endeavor.
- Deal with inevitable hardware innovation issues, rationally debate best approaches and methods, contribute ideas and make continuous improvements. Strength to speak up when something is not optimal, and ability to compromise when required.
- Learn and adapt to new concepts and bring an enthusiastic attitude to the new technology development process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Are you a fit?
- BS in EE, Computer Programming, Computer Engineering, or equivalent areas of study.
- Expert C, C++, and/or C# programming skills, and experience
- Experience and Familiarity with Xilinx Vivado SDK toolset, and associated debuggers, and download cables.
- Experience and Familiarity with XILINX ZYNQ FPGA tools and programming of ARM and/or MicroBlaze processor projects.
- Some familiarity with PIC processors and associated development tools, debuggers and download cables.
- Familiarity with sampling theory, data acquisition theory, and streaming telemetry theory and concepts.
- Familiarity with I2C interfaces and software development
- Familiarity with USB interfaces and software development.
- Familiarity with UART interfaces and software development.
- Familiarity with EX-FAT, FAT, and Linux files systems on hard drives, flash drives (thumb drives), SSDs, and SD cards. Ability to manipulate FAT tables, etc. for fast streaming storage.