We are looking for hardworking, dynamic and innovative Scientific Programmer to join our team as we drive growth in our company. This position will apply their knowledge of earth sciences and expertise in physical measurements of the earth’s properties to enhance geological interpretations. Responsibilities vary with level of expertise but include deriving algorithms and programming for controlled source electromagnetics.
- Perform research and development of new and advanced modeling and inversion tools with applications for electromagnetic methods
- Implement and test numerical algorithms in high-performance computing environments
- Develop geophysical data integration tools for more accurate interpretation of subsurface properties
- Interact with internal user groups in different departments where professionals focus on hardware development, exploration and interpretation, as well as field data acquisition
- Follow the current state-of-the-art in international research for relevant disciplines
- Participate at conferences and contribute to scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Adapt recent innovations from computing technology, applied mathematics, and data sciences in controlled source electromagnetics.
- Develop new algorithms for model building and inversion.
- Other duties as assigned.
Are you a fit?
- PhD degree from a recognized university in Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics or Computer Sciences
- Professional / graduate level work experience in developing algorithms in at least one of the following areas
- Computational geometry or mesh generation
- Numerical methods (e.g. Finite Element Analysis, Discontinuous Galerkin Method, or Finite Volume Method) for problems with geometric challenges
- Controlled Source Electromagnetic modeling
- Inverse Theory
- A minimum experience in programing proficiency
- Experience in one or more of the following is an advantage: FORTRAN, Python, C, C++, C#, Optimization, Software Architecture, High Performance Computing and Parallel Programming
- Strong technical writing skills are required
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Previous work experience in the oil and gas industry is an advantage
- Previous work experience on geological or reservoir modeling is an advantage
- Background in computational mathematics is a plus: e.g. linear and nonlinear solvers, randomized algorithms, data mining, machine learning, and optimization
- Knowledge of Geology useful